Snack: Chia Seed Jam

 
 This is something that I have wanted to try for a while, and with my new healthy eating regime, I wanted to incorporate something sweet and tasty into my life, so finally thought I would give it a go.  I loved the results and wanted to share with you. 
I made a raspberry batch, but it looks to me as though you could use pretty much any fruit, well any berries at least.
 
Ingredients
450g of fruit (I used frozen raspberries)
4 tablespoons of Agave or desired sweetner
2 tablespoons of chia seeds
 
Preparation
Pop your fruit in a small pan and heat until hot.
Using a masher squish all the lumps out of the fruit.
 
 
Add your sweetener, stir and taste, add more if desired. 
Boil for about 5 minutes until your fruity mush becomes less liquidy, you will notice it getting thicker.
It is time to add your Chia seeds, continue to heat for another minute.
Leave in the pan off the heat for another 10 minutes. 
It is now ready to use, or pop in an air-tight container and store in the fridge. 
To Serve 
Treat as though it is your regular jam:
On bread or crackers, 
A spoonful in your porridge
Combine with almond butter for a "healthy peanut butter & jelly sandwich"
 
 
Much love,
 photo harrietsign_zps4db3c583.png
 Follow Harriet on Instagram

2 comments:

  1. What is your healthy eating regime?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kirsty, in the new year I am going to make more of an effort to post about healthy eating, as I have turned into such a slob this Dec and really don't want to be a hypocrite ha! But as a general rule I know what things I should not be eating, ie crisps and chocolate, and try to eat healthier things opting for salad and veg instead of pizza! But as I say.... this has gone out this window over the past month! x

      Delete

We love to read your comments and thoughts so please leave them & don't forget to leave your links. Sharing is caring beauties <3

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Authors