Prom Season


 Tis' the season of 

 
And I am here to help you all in search of that perfect outfit... 
The first thing I always do is check online; to see what is being sold and what is being worn.  For this type of occassion, where better to look than to the..... 
 
I love to check out the latest photos of all the celebs in their finery, and over the past couple of weeks you have probably come across some of the Met Gala pics as well as The Cannes Film Festival.  I've included a couple of my faves from the Met Gala.
 
 
 
 
I absolutely loved Blake Lively's figure hugging Gucci gown at the Met Gala. The colour, detailing and trail was simply perfection.   
 
 
Both Rihanna and Taylor have looked lovely recently in a two piece outfit. RiRi at the Met Galla in Stella McCartney and Ms Swift at the ACM awards wearing J. Mendel. 
 
Also spotted at the Met Gala, Ann Hathaway in a two piece by Clavin Klein.  A bold choice by Reese Witherspoon who looks lovely in a Stella McCartney gown.One of my personal favourites of the night; Emma Stone wearing a Thakoon two piece. The fish tail and thigh split detail is very on trend.
 
  One site that I came across was The Celebrity Dresses. Now, normally I would feel very skeptical to buy a copy of a dress online, but they have a ratings feature, which allows previous buyers to rate their experience of the site and quality of the garment, after having read through many, I am yet to find an unsatisfied customer.  They can also custom make the dresses to fit your measurements. Added bonus of the site, some of the dresses feature a runway video so that you can see how the dress moves.  A fave feature of mine a la ASOS!
 
 
I absolutely J'adore Rosie Huntington's dress that she wore to a Transformers premier.  And it is available here for QR510 ($139.99)
 
Another site similar to this is Izi Dresses, you can pick celeb style dresses in a variety of colours, along with copies of designer dresses. You may recall Rihanna's dress from the Grammies in 2013, this is available for under QR500 ($129.99).... still not tempted?  Check out the amount of positive reviews it has received!
 
 

 **Style Steal**
I found a similar dress to RiRi's in Mango for QR699.  I loved the cross over back detailing.  See more pics here.  This silk dress is available in red and Strawberry (as shown) and Light Pink.
 
Aftershock London always stocks evening dresses, this store can be found in Landmark Mall (currently closed) as well as Ezdan Mall. There is currently a sale on, but I found most of the dresses were on sale for a reason! My trip to Ezdan led me to Bebe, I had looked online and didn't expect to find much in store, but they did have a couple of lovely dresses in there that weren't online.
 
 Don't forget to also check out the high street shops, Coast stock some gorgeous gowns. There are more options available online, but in store did stock a few goodies.
 
  I really like the train detailing on this Kate Maxi dress (left).  You can never go wrong with a classic black dress like this Roxie Maxi (right).  Both available from Coast.
 
Pronovias in Lagoona Mall is also an excellent store to try.  This gown reminds me of the dress Lupita Nyong'o wore to the Golden Globes.
 
**Style Steal**
 
 
 Villaggio and Landmark also have the shop BCBG which I stumbled across, they have a wide selection of dresses available for all formal events. I preferred the Villaggio store experience as the staff were really really lovely! Below are a couple of my faves in store at the moment.
Surrey Strapless Gown - Similar to Reese Whiterspoons & Caia Chiffon-Pleated Gown - Similar to Rhiannas

 My friends and I have often wanted to shop in the sparkly and spangly dress shops that the City Center mall is laced with, for such events.  Yesterday I did just that... Let me tell you, don't waste your time.... Drag Queen was not really the look I wanted to go for.... this time!
I would have loved to have had a dress made, but I left it a bit late... If time is on your side, this is also an excellent option. I eventually found my dress in BCBG, I'll post pics of the event soon.

 
Much love,
 photo harrietsign_zps4db3c583.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and thoughts so please leave them & don't forget to leave your links. Sharing is caring beauties <3

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Authors